Sunday, March 30, 2014

Xbox Sculpture WIP

From time to time I find thing that perk my curiosity, one of those things is sculpture. I don't have any other knowledge of sculpture other than the core foundation, along with hand building, wheel throwing, etc. All that basic stuff is fun and relaxing for me, but I don't know much more than that. For this project, which was created back in 2013 as my final for my first semester at UMD (as a transfer student, of course, I was a junior then), was to create a piece and add a silk screen (which we drew up designs for, and created) and implement them to our finished piece. The medium we used was red clay, silk screens, screen printer, india ink, and any sculpting aids like water, sponges, and the mass variety of different carving tools.


For not having an in-depth understanding of sculpture, creating this piece was actually one of my proudest achievements. I'm incredibly proud of this piece. I used my old Xbox (original) as a reference and measured it out to be near exact. It's not perfect, and granted it's a little too slim, but regardless, it looks almost exactly like an original xbox.

Still trying to decide on color and whether or not I should paint or spray paint the final piece, touching it up with the lime-green that's implemented in the console. But that would tamper with the silk screen aspect that's located on the very top (of Master Chief), so there are some things that I still need to work out. Before I paint this, I will take a more


No comments:

Post a Comment